« Back to Sweeps
MTV’s “The Possession” Sweepstakes
Sponsored by MTV
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA AND HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period/Sweepstakes Overview: MTV’s “The Possession” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 13, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 31, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on August 31, 2012.
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ALASKA AND HAWAII. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Any entrant under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which entrant resides must obtain parental or legal guardian consent prior to entering this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of International Inc. (“Sponsor”), Lions Gate Films Inc. (“Lions Gate”), the Promotional Edge and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, sponsors members, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to with Sponsor herein as the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants (and if eligible minors, their parents/legal guardians) agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) to release and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of the Grand Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Lions Gate is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, or the selection of winners.
All entries submitted and received in accordance with these Official Rules shall be referred to hereinafter as the “Eligible Entries”. Incomplete or inaccurate entries are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The odds of winning depend on the total number of Eligible Entries received.
5. Winner Selection/Notification: One grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner’) will be selected at random from among all Eligible Entries received on or about September 10, 2012. Sponsor (or a third party agency on Sponsor’s behalf) will make up to two (2) attempts over the 48 hour period following Grand Prize Winner’s selection to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner via the phone number provided on his/her Sweepstakes entry form. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached directly during the 48 hour period (one voicemail will be left), such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. #599773
6. Winner Verification: The potential Grand Prize Winner must provide proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of his/her eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, and residence within two (2) business days of date of being notified as a potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Grand Prize Winner, such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting. Grand Prize Winner must sign (or his/her parent/legal guardian if Grand Prize Winner is an eligible minor) within two (2) days of date of receipt of such documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, which among other things, release Sponsor and the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Grand Prize ; and (b) wherein imposing such condition is legal, a promotional release, which among other things, grants Sponsor the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Guests (as hereinafter defined) of Grand Prize Winner must also execute and return a promotional release prior prize fulfillment. If any Guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to execute and return the promotional release on his/her behalf. In the event of non-compliance with this time period or with these Official Rules by a potential Grand Prize Winner, or in the event that prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to abide by these Official Rules. The Grand Prize Winner (and his/her parent/legal guardian if Grand Prize Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor), also must acknowledge that Sponsor have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Grand Prize and that Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner (or, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Grand Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize Winner may forfeit the Grand Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Grand Prize (1) : A private screening of The Possession for one (1) Grand Prize Winner and up to ninety-nine (99) guests (the “Guests”) at a theater close to Grand Prize Winner's home (such theater to be selected by Lions Gate’s and Sponsor’s in their sole discretion) on or before September 30, 2012 (the “Screening”). The Grand Prize Winner and Guests will each receive one (1) medium size popcorn and soda combo, for a total of up to one hundred (100) medium popcorn and soda combos. (collectively, the “Grand Prize”). The specific date, time and location of the Screening shall be at the sole discretion of Lions Gate. If (i) the Grand Prize Winner cannot attend the Screening on the date and at the time selected by Lions Gate, or (ii) the Grand Prize Winner’s residence is not within thirty (30) miles of an appropriate location for the Screening, or (iii) the Grand Prize Winner is unwilling, for any reason, to receive the Grand Prize as described in and in accordance with these Official Rules, the Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety. “The Possession” is rated PG-13. The Grand Prize Winner’s Guest(s) must be age appropriate for the film. In the event the Grand Prize winner or any of his or her Guests engage during the Screening in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor and/or Lions Gate in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor and Lions Gate reserve the right to terminate the Screening early, and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her Guest(s) home with no further compensation.
8. General Grand Prize Terms: If Grand Prize Winner is not available on the dates specified by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Grand Prize Winner privileges and Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternative Grand Prize Winner may be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries. Guests of Grand Prize Winner must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of prize fulfillment unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian.
All costs and expenses associated with the Grand Prize not specifically listed above as being provided, including, without limitation, ground transportation, , parking, meals snacks and beverages (other than as provided in the prize description), tips, souvenirs, personal expenses or property damage are solely Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $1,200.00 and such ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Grand Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, #599773 will not be awarded. If for any reason any Grand Prize-related Event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its discretion and shall award a prize of comparable or greater value, which may include, but is not limited to, a cash prize equivalent to the ARV of the Grand Prize, as set forth in these Official Rules. Arrangements for fulfillment of the Grand Prize, including all will be made by Sponsor. The dates for fulfillment of the Grand Prize must be on or before September 30, 2012 but such date is subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor shall not be liable to any potential Grand Prize Winner who is unable or unwilling to accept the Grand Prize.
9. Additional Prize Terms: All details related to the Grand Prize not specifically listed above shall be solely determined by Sponsor. The value of the Grand Prize may be taxable to Grand Prize Winner as income. Grand Prize Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize(s) received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize Winner (as well as all other Entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Grand Prize Winner or any potential Grand Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Grand Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Grand Prize Winner (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian), by acceptance of the Grand Prize (except where legally prohibited), grants permission for Sponsor and their designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. Released Parties assume no responsibility for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, damaged, garbled, misdirected, delayed or undelivered entries; or for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, cellular tower, computer online systems, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless service provider, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical, printing, human or other error in the printing of any Sweepstakes-related materials, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or in the announcement of the Grand Prize and the Grand Prize Winner. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Sponsor’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date the Grand Prize may be awarded to a winner to be selected from among all non-suspect Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries or entries by any means which subvert the entry process are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void all associated entries) it suspects or finds: (a) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE #599773 RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW RULES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree that the Released Parties (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. Request for Name of Grand Prize Winner and/or Official Rules: For any legally required winner’s list and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: MTV’s “The Possession Sweepstakes”, c/o Monica Balogh, MTV, 1515 Broadway, 22nd FL, New York, NY 10036. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Grand Prize Winner must be made by October 31, 2012. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the name of the “Winner”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
12. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by MTV, a brand of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Motion Picture Artwork ©2012 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.